The Singapore PR application process can be confusing. Here is a step by step guide to become a Singapore permanent resident.
How can you apply for Singapore PR application?
There are two ways you can apply for Singapore permanent residency applications for you and/or your family members to become Singapore permanent residents.
1) You can do PR application online on ICA’s website
You can apply for Singapore permanent residency on ICA website to be a Singapore permanent resident. In fact, many tried applying their PR applications first by using the ICA website. Although it appears easy, many tried and realized it is far more difficult to get approved for PR applications than it looks.
2) Alternatively, you can use a done-for-you service like ours
We are an immigration company specializing in Singapore PR application for foreigners who want a Singapore permanent residency and become a Singapore permanent resident successfully.
Thus, what many busy professionals or entrepreneurs in Singapore do is engage an agency like ours.
We advise you on the steps to get your Singapore permanent residence application approved:
- Applicant eligibility check information
- Explanatory notes
- Form 4A
- Annex A
- Supporting documents you need to prepare, scan or fulfil
- And much more
Our company will search and provide advice on the best way for you to get your PR status application approved.
Who is eligible to become a Singapore permanent resident?
The following is a list of the eligibility criteria under the various different Singapore permanent resident schemes and options you can use to be granted Singapore PR and become a Singapore permanent resident.
Spouse and unmarried children of a citizen or Singapore PR
- Foreigner spouse of a Singapore citizen (Singaporeans) or spouse of a Singapore PR married for two years minimum.
- Unmarried child aged or unmarried children below 21 years old of age, and a child born within the context of a legal marriage.
- Unmarried child aged or unmarried children below 21 years old legally adopted by a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident.
- Children or foreigners above 21 have to apply for permanent residence on their own merits.
Immediate family members
- Applicant with close family ties to a Singapore citizen. E.g. parents of Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents
- (Note: A Singapore permanent resident or Singapore citizen with income ability to sponsor can also provide or sponsor long term visit pass for immediate family ties with full sponsorship – passes for parents, spouse and unmarried children below 21 years old born or legally adopted in context of a legal marriage).
Employment Pass workers using the Professional Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers scheme or PTS scheme
- Employment Pass (EP) VISA or S-Pass holder under the Professional Technical Personnel & Skilled Worker Scheme or PTS scheme.
- Theoretically, you can apply for permanent residence the day or date you start working in Singapore as an EP Employment Pass holder. Ensure you are in good terms with your business employer as one of the sections is to be completed by them.
- Keep in mind six months of your salary payslips and background tax supporting documents from your employment tax return and/or employer is required to use Professional Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers scheme PTS scheme.
- It is ideal for a Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers scheme or PTS scheme applicant to have several years in worked experience or employment pass length working in Singapore to stand the highest chances for permanent residency.
- Stable salary by employer of $6,000 to $8,000 up to $12 000 is required if include family such as spouses, children or parents.
- The higher your salary proof from your employer, the greater your PR applications eligibility and chances among other factors.
- Note that under ICA’s terms, work permit holders are not eligible to be granted PR status in Singapore. The minimum work holder eligibility qualifications for PTS scheme or skilled workers scheme is a S pass or higher like employment pass (EP).
Student studying in Singapore
- Student getting a local education and studying in a Singapore institute.
- Students on education scholarships and/or local government bonds may get approved easier.
Investors using the Global Investor Programme or GIP application scheme
- Foreign investors or entrepreneurs with business track record from approved industries with applicant’s company turnover or businesses meeting minimum turnover criteria (investors can consolidate their businesses).
- Investors to invest at least minimum amount of 2.5 million in the Global Investor Programme GIP Singapore fund by Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) and Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in a new business entity or to expand a Singapore based established one.
- Audited financial statements for current business entity engaged in approved industries must be produced in some cases for applicants.
- GIP applications can be approved for those who make investment in eligible corporate businesses which are Singapore based and approved by Singapore Economic Development Board EDB for global investor GIP application investment scheme.
Foreign Artistic Talent Scheme
- Outstanding international arts professionals in visual arts or performing arts who want to tap on their skills to apply to become a Singapore PR can use Singapore’s arts or Foreign Artistic Talent scheme.
- Foreign Artistic Talent scheme is meant for recognition of those outstanding international arts professionals with professional experience background and involved in or made significant contributions of cultural significance in the field of performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, cultural scene significance, media, or design engagements on a leadership level to apply for Singapore PR
What are the documents you need for Singapore PR application?
The type of documents you will need to apply to become a Singapore permanent resident is very different depending on your personal profile. Here are the:
- Explanatory notes or document list for spouse with/ without accompanying child(ren)
- Explanatory notes or document list for child(ren) only
- Explanatory notes or document list for aged parent of a citizen
- Explanatory notes or document list for Employment Pass or S Pass holder
- Explanatory notes or document list for student studying in Singapore
How long does the process take for Singapore PR?
PR application results can range roughly four to six months duration in Singapore if supporting documents and explanatory notes are also in order. It can take longer sometimes depending on complexity of the case. If validity of supporting documents is not correct, it can take much longer.
What happens after / if you get a Singapore permanent residence?
After obtaining permanent residency status, applicant will get a blue national identity card. As a Singapore permanent resident, you will have almost the same rights as a Singapore citizen like tax subsidies etc.
Re entry permit
Also, you can get an entry permit or five years re entry permit easily for our country after you got your residency. The process for renewal of REP re entry permit renewal is easy for a Singapore permanent resident.
Male Singapore PRs will potentially need to register or enlist for NS Enlistment Act for two years mandatory National Service (called full time NS) or NS national military service liability.
- Healthy males or male children are required to serve till completion for National Service NS training.
- There is up to 40 days of Operationally Ready National Service yearly for the entirety of the NS military service or Operationally Ready National Service ORNS training cycle. One will be liable till age 50 years old for NS officers or 40 for other ranks in NS.
- Women are exempted from NS.
- Only men as stated by Ministry of Defence will be engaged to be serving and liable to complete NS. Not all will be, as it also depends largely on the scheme you used to apply to to become a Singapore PR.
- Remember that renouncing or losing one’s PR status before completing full time NS may have adverse impact on immediate or future applications to live, work or study in Singapore.
Why do people find our services?
A Singapore permanent residence sounds attractive to clients.
If you are similar to others who look for our relocation services, you have plans to apply for Singapore PR, plant roots and reside here and start a new life in a new place like Singapore. You can access the benefits (stay in Singapore, access better home property loans, opportunities in Asia, companies, Central Provident Fund, healthcare) our country offers, while still having the advantages of keeping your current country citizenship.
However, getting your PR application approved is not as easy as it seems. Many people get rejected when they apply SG PR.
Many applicants get rejected by the government of Singapore
Insufficient details in document info and incomplete field within form filling are common reasons. Even one seemingly small mistake within your PR application form filling will usually get a rejection for your application. The permanent resident application approval process in Singapore is usually more complex in reality than it seems.
Number of yearly approved applicants has reduced significantly
The Singapore government Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has reduced number of person and applicants approved yearly after 2008 by a lot – 50 per cent compared to history statistics. That means thousands of people less can be approved yearly.
Also, if an applicant is from a country other than Malaysia, applications can appear to be harder. It is true that people from Malaysia or Malaysians tend to be granted PR status easier because ICA believes they are similar.
If your application explanatory notes do not provide proof of significant contributions and basically being an asset to Singapore society, you will be unable to become one of the 30,000 yearly newly minted Singapore PR.
People are too busy and do not have the time to do it by themselves
Thirdly, majority of the people who use our services are also busy professionals who do not have the time and energy to go through the tedious and complex process required. Amount of paperwork and research to prepare for application can be overwhelming or confusing for most to do PR application on their own.
What are the benefits of working with us?
Here are some of the benefits.
1) You will be provided with expert Singapore PR application consultation service
Our immigrations experts know how things are processed in Singapore. Knowing what ICA site team officers take into account is important to succeed.
More importantly, we guide you by step by step and provide tips for you for the process, required document form filling so you complete it with ease.
You will be provided with thorough assistance for your Singapore permanent residence applications and significantly improve probability of your PR application status being granted.
2) You will be guided through all the PR application forms
We will support and assist you through the process of your PR application to Singapore. Our PR application SG services serve as a step by step guide in Singapore to help you through the complex system, document form or documents required. Our company tries to get individuals a pass on the first attempt.
We will figure out the best permanent residency scheme for you to have the highest chances during eligibility check, whether that be PTS scheme, S-pass holders or others. You will be guided through the PR filing document requirements to be met for you and/or your spouse and children.
Our done-for-you services provides you with the highest chances to be granted Singapore PR.
3) Your provided details will be carefully analysed for errors
Every mistake in any of the supporting documents submitted is bad in the eyes of ICA government office. This is because they process PR applications on a manual case by case basis. Thus, we pay extreme care to detail for all requirement documents and every case. Our team helps you analyse and check for any potential mistakes in your background document form like education level, proof you resided in Singapore within your documents.
You will be advised with a step by step guide for things you need such as the documents, explanatory notes, education and employment information ICA authorities look for so you can find these relevant documents or form. We want to apply SG PR perfectly the first time for you to get the best professional impression from the local ICA authorities for your successful approval.
4) We help you ace your cover letter for Singapore PR application
PR status approval process in Singapore is automated. There are no interviews in Singapore for PR applicants. ICA makes decisions to accept or not discreetly.
This means even if you send in your details and explanatory notes part within your PR application form perfectly but did not attach supporting work track record history, employer recommendation letters, the outcome may not be favorable. The authorities need to believe why you are better than the thousands of permanent resident applicants with similar qualifications for your PR application in Singapore.
Even if you are not the ‘perfect’ PR applicant, our company will make your SPR applications, document notes, and cover letter as perfect as possible to portray the best version of you while remaining factually accurate.
Use our services to speed up unnecessary waiting time
Being informed about your PR status approval to become a permanent resident after your PR application can end up taking a few months to 2 years or even more. Do not wait unnecessarily. We can help you speed SPR application process up quickly with reasonable fees.
For further enquiries, to understand or receive more information, contact our line for phone or email appointment to apply for permanent residency for you, your spouse and children today.